- Today0 comment(s)72 St Denys Road created his/her biography
- Yesterday0 comment(s)41 Thirsk Road created his/her biography
- Yesterday0 comment(s)Bleibtreustrasse 87 created his/her biography
- Yesterday0 comment(s)uvw185 created his/her biography
- Yesterday0 comment(s)Majical Cloudz created his/her biography
The MTVU Woodie Awards aired last night from SXSW in Austin, and in between drunk presenters presenting drunk award-winners with two-part trophies that fell apart every time, there were a handful of very tight performances. The highlight was definitely Tyler, the Creator and Hodgy Beats' rendition of "Yonkers" and "Sandwitches", which featured a dwarf, a sea monster and a chicken, lots of smoke, exploding gnome animations, and enough energy to make you want to stay up all night.
Sleigh Bells brought the house down earlier in the night with a typically blistering performance of "Riot Rhythm" that featured a marching band drumline. Two Door Cinema Club added some Irish class to the occasion with their single, "What You Know". They also took home a Woodie for breaking artist.
Foo Fighters opened the show, and Wiz Khalifa played his massive Pittsburgh-repping hit "Black and Yellow", which also won the (probably) coveted Woodie of the Year award. Other winners included Chiddy Bang, Matt and Kim, and Kanye West, who was not in attendence and therefore got "Kanye'd" by Lil B and his crew.OFWGKTA "Yonkers / Sandwitches"
Sleigh Bells "Riot Rhythm"
Two Door Cinema Club "What You Know"