- Today0 comment(s)19 rue des Lacs created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)4084 Riverwood Drive created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)Loorenstrasse 99 created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)5 Walpole Avenue created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)vwx712 created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)Via Palermo 88 created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)61 rue de Raymo... created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)Brunnenstrasse 6 created his/her biography
1 of 9
2 of 9
3 of 9
4 of 9
5 of 9
6 of 9
7 of 9
8 of 9
9 of 9
As the temps swelter here in the East--and it's not even June yet--Lemonade are a band is a band after our parched, sweating hearts. Forget that band name, although who can when it's so tailor-made for this kind of heat, but the entire first half their second album is awash in aquatic titles and sounds designed to cool and refresh. There's the smooth ride of "Neptune", the bounce of "Ice Water", with its apt lyric "you know how to cool my head", "Whitecaps", which recalls the Balearic pop of Lemonade's kindred spirits and True Panther Sounds labelmates Delorean, and the chilled out piano-tinkle on "Eye Drops". Honestly, we're so hot we'd take some eye drops at this point. Even the album title gets in on the watery action: Diver.
So, Lemonade's timing could hardly be better. And apparently the pros agree. Here's some of the early comments on the new album:
KEXP: "This trio’s second full-length is an impressive set of ‘80s-influenced electro-pop incorporating elements of Balearic house, trance, ‘90s R&B and more on impeccably crafted songs with warm, bright-sounding synths, tropical percussion, a variety of funky dance beats, smooth, yearning vocals and blissed-out, summery melodies."
Pitchfork: "True to its titular subject, Diver constitutes a daring leap for Lemonade, one that, at times, appears destined to result in a belly-flop, but recovers nicely in the end."
All Music: "It’s assuredly the group’s most congruent outing, and for nice background music that’s not overly engaging or challenging, Diver will satisfy your needs."
Challenging, All Music? The only thing we need to challenge right now is the heatstroke we're about to succumb to. We'll have some Lemonade, thank you very much. You should to. Check out Diver.