- Today0 comment(s)57 Haslemere Road created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)82 Goldfields Road created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)Tamarastraat 133 created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)def042 created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)73 rue Gouin de... created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)rst388 created his/her biography
- Today0 comment(s)Via del Piave 85 created his/her biography
1 of 9
2 of 9
3 of 9
4 of 9
5 of 9
6 of 9
7 of 9
8 of 9
9 of 9
Could it be that Gary, Ross and Ryan Jarman, the Yorkshire brothers known collectively as The Cribs, will see their fifth album, the recently-released In the Belly of the Brazen Bull, go on to be their most successful yet? Could be. It certainly seems to be taking the boys to new levels of attention and acclaim in recent days.
Certainly adding to the conversation must be this fun trip in the not-too-wayback machine--the music video for their latest single, "Glitters Like Gold." Directors Andy Knowles and Stephen Agnew have said they wanted to capture the look and the feel of DIY videos, or at least of the work of punk and alt rock video auteurs like Kevin Kerslake, whose CV includes Nirvana, R.E.M., STP, Offspring, Helmet, and more -- in essence, a who's who of the golden age of KROQ. The VHS-styled static, the tracking, the blurry look of the thing all set this 2012 song firmly in 1992....but if that's not enough to make this an homage to the says when there was such a thing as music televivion....how about pop-ups?
Yes, "Glitters Like Gold" brings back the popping bubbles of information that were the signature of VH1's golden age - we find out Gary likes to take long walks, Ross's fondness for sandwiches, and how the boys choose who gets the top bunk. Only thing is each bubble is a link that takes you some truly odd--and lengthy--illustrations of those facts. Stick with us, try it, you'll see. One of the more fun and lighthearted clips earns our honours as NV Music Video of the Day: "Glitters Like Gold" from The Cribs.